A maritime investigation looks at accidents and incidents occurring at sea and inland waterways.
Common types of Marine claims involve personal injury or property damage claims as well as other types of cases.
Our investigators who work on Marine cases have extensive experience in this specialty area. Investigations that are documented incidents occurring at sea included private, corporate, governmental and military inquires.
The location of an accident or incident will determine the consequences on how the case is investigated. Claims occurring within territorial waters of a country are normally held to the laws of that country. In other instances, Marine claims occurring in international waters make the pursuit of claim resolution awkward and obscure. For this reason it is critical to hire a private investigator with extensive knowledge of Admiralty Law and Marine affairs with real world experience in the Navy, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine or other Marine organizations.
- The most common claims in a Marine case include:
- Personal injuries which occur on seaborne vessels or due to the actions of a person operating a seaborne vessel.
- Property damage caused by, or suffered to, a seaborne vessel.
- Fraud cases involving tour operators.
- Personal watercraft injuries or property damage.
- Criminal investigations for illegal activities which occur at sea.
- Wrongful death investigations involving fatalities at sea.
- Work accident investigations involving workers who make their livings at sea.
- Product Liability investigations for devices used by the Marine community.
Accidents occur worldwide, on both land and sea. If you have been the victim of an injury or property claim involving a boating, shipping or personal watercraft incident, you will need specialized professional help to see your claim through to completion.
Professional Marine investigators are the best resource to help you prove your case and receive your just compensation.